Saturday, December 25, 2010

Motherhood rocks.....

Over the last few months I have been "just being".
Oh how I have loved it.
Oh how I have needed it.
Oh how I will continue on with it.
It has been four months of freedom.
Freedom from bruises, freedom from pressure, freedom from stress.
It really has been liberating.
I can breathe again.
Today, on this fine Christmas Eve I went to the mail box to find this:
MOTHERHOOD ROCKS on an envelop.
Now I really didn't think much of this promotional piece of mail
UNTIL my door bell rang....


And there on my doormat was a package addressed to ME; Erin
with yet another reminder that
MOTHERHOOD ROCKS.

What the heck?
Was there a stork about to show up with a
Christmas Miracle?
Needless to say Similac threw a wrench in my "just being" state.
Stupid Similac.

8 comments:

  1. You should have taken it out on that stupid similac box and chucked the darn thing in the street screaming "breast is best anyways!" and then drove your car over it!
    Friend, I love you!! I am glad you are giving yourself time to breath and be free. I think about you so often!
    Love you lots! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the formula industry. They are so insensitive. I like Sarah's idea! :) Erin you are amazing! I have always looked up to you. From way back in middle school days. You are a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very strange. I don't know where they get their info on who and when to send stuff to people. STRANGE!
    Maybe it is a sign from God?
    I do like the "just being" attitude, sometimes that is what is needed most!
    I love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a mama to Magnus, how did they know?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a box of baby clothes I ordered off ebay RIGHT after I came back from the Drs. office where I found out baby had no heartbeat. I wore the baby blanket like a scarf on the couch all day and folded and refolded 10 gender neutral sleepers a million times feeling sorry for myself. That baby was due on Christmas eve. My first miscarriage. It was absolutely haunting and I didnt fully recover from it until Brigitte was born four years later. But when I squoze (is that a word?) her fat body into one of those little outfits I healed a little.

    ERIN SOMEDAY SOMEHOW YOU WILL BE A MOTHER!!!! Spiritually, there are children that belong to you. They are preparing to come. They are figuring out a way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely know how you feel! I would get formula and diapers usually just after a miscarriage. It was awesome. Stupid free stuff. Gosh. Your dog is beautiful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stupid similac is right. I love you and am glad you're happy and just "being" right now. Winter is a great time to hang out and watch tv and not worry about anything. You and Rom are lucky to have eachother to laugh and play together with cute Mag...I gave him a nickname, do you likey??

    ReplyDelete