Saturday, September 18, 2010

Just Be...




I believe in T I M E.
Time heals.
Time allows comfort. Time allows softening. Time allows tears to lessen.
Time allows new experiences. Time allows new perspectives.
Time is good.

I received an inspired phone call the other day. I know it was inspired!
Someone who is very special to me, someone who I admire probably more than anyone I know, called me.
It was my bishop from college.
The minute I heard his voice, I broke down in tears.
He listened. He is good at that.

He simply said:
"go on another vacation."
W H A T ??
Thats it? Travel? Thats my answer?
He went on to tell me that it is time for Romney and I to stop, and be a little selfish.
He pointed out how frantic I sounded and insistent I sounded for answers.
"you're not ready" he told me.
Our conversation was sweet and it continued for over an hour before it ended.

I have been dwelling on that phone call for a couple of days.

I have been frantic!
I am frantically looking for answers.
I frantically cry, begging to know what I am supposed to do.
I frantically ask why is this happening.
I just want to know...tell me.
And truth be told I'm not listening for any answers.
I can ask all day but,
my heart isn't ready to hear what is next.
My mind can't comprehend what's next either.

So it is time to walk away and JUST BE.
What does JUST BE entail?
I have no clue!
But I know it doesn't entail injections.
I know it doesn't entail "baby".
I know it doesn't entail asking WHY.

I guess to JUST BE allows time, and I believe in time.
It heals.

12 comments:

  1. That was beautifully spoken. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anne Marie, that made me cry. I wonder how many times when I've been frantic and haven't been listening for the answer...good inspiration for me today, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing, Erin. I am so thankful that call came when it did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing and such a strong person! This is a great post, thanks for sharing- I am sure it is helping others going through the same situation! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay..so I am kind of a stalker :) we have a lot of mutual friends (like Jenn) and I hopped on over one day.

    Thanks for this post. I have two children but was recently diagnosed with DOR (diminished ovarian reserve). So I can no longer have children.

    thank you for this post. It was much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe a trip to Rexburg is in order??? I miss you lots. I admire you so much. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also I blog stalker and have found your blog thru my friend Sarah Robinson - I am heading in for my 1st IUI next week - what you've been through has been something I can't even imagine, I don't even know you but I admire your strength! Good luck to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another blog stalker! I just have to say that your blog has brought me hope, faith, and reassurance that there are others out there going through the same thing as me. You are truly inspirational. I admire your courage to openly share what you are going through even when it is as hard as it is. You are impacting others lives (and mine) in ways you cannot imagine. I look forward to reading your blog every time I see a new post. THANK YOU for your strength, courage and for sharing your feelings with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Friend, gotta love the call from your old bishop. We are thinking of you & love your new doggie addition to the fam. Pros & Cons indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I missed this before. But I agree...thank you for the reminder. There has been a few times in my life that I've felt the frantic need for answers and then have to will myself to just be quiet, patient and trust in the Lord's time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. where are you traveling to next???

    so sorry. thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How have I not seen this till now! I think this post is beautiful! I think your bishop is inspired! I think you and Rom are AMAZING people and I KNOW that the Lord knows you both and loves you deeply! I know part of your purpose in this life is to effect others, be an example to them, and you do an AMAZING job at that! You are an AMAZING woman and I feel so very blessed to call you friend! Thanks for this post and for everything you do!

    ReplyDelete